About the event
As we kick off another exciting year, let’s take a moment to talk about the magic of goal setting!
Yes, there is magic in goal setting!
Setting goals isn’t just about creating a to-do list; it’s about crafting a roadmap for your dreams and aspirations. Whether they’re personal or professional, goals give our lives direction and purpose.
In our first Community Meetup for 2024, we’ll guide you through the dynamic process of setting your personal and organizational goals.
Guest speaker: Bridget Kigambo
Goal setting requires constant adaptation to changing circumstances, which can make the process daunting to start and navigate. Lucky for us, visionary leader Bridget Kigambo, founder of Girl Potential Care Centre, Uganda, has graciously offered to share her secrets.
As a firm believer in traditional planning, Bridget plans her entire year, down to the day, keeping in mind specific areas where she or her organization wants to grow.
Last year, she was able to achieve 85% of her set goals through careful planning, embracing change, staying resilient, and goal-directed action.
How to set goals...
Here are a few things to think about before our meetup and start you on your goal-setting journey:
- Clarity is key: What do you want to achieve, and why is it important to you?
- Break it down: Big dreams can be overwhelming. Break them into smaller, manageable tasks.
- Stay SMART: Use the SMART criteria – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Learn from setbacks: View setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Consistency is king: Small, consistent actions lead to significant results.
- Visualize success: Picture yourself achieving your goals.
Celebrate Milestones: Acknowledge and celebrate your achievements, no matter how small.
Keen to take your organizational or personal growth to the next level this year? Come join us, and let’s discuss goal setting and cheer each other on!
We look forward to seeing you there!
The Lightup Impact Team