About the job
We are a community of 90 early-stage grassroots organizations in gender & health in East Africa. We support our local leaders to become sustainable through trust-based partnerships, training, and networking.
Our goal? To provide growth opportunities, visibility, and mentoring for our founders to increase their social impact.
Do you share our passion for women’s health and gender equality and want to have an active role in helping the founders increase their impact in Kenya and East Africa? Then join our team as a volunteer!
Your role? We are looking for volunteers to work remotely to help with tasks in communications, fundraising and community management for a period of 6-12months.
We are soon starting the preparation of an exciting crowdfunding campaign. The volunteer will assist us with:
- Building a network of supporters for our fundraiser through peer-to peer crowdfunding
- Assist with crowdfunding material preparation (e.g. setting up and using a CRM system)
- Assist with the preparation of marketing content (e.g. emails and social media posts)
- Help us reach our fundraising goal by contributing to donor-engagement strategies
Community & event management volunteer
- Support the team in the creation of content (e.g. scouting for events, job and funding opportunities) and gathering feedback from the community
- Foster discussions and interactions in the community
- Once a month, support the team with marketing, organization, and management of our community online meetups.
- Support in planning and promoting community events on social media
- Knowledge of non-profit organization’s systems and operations in Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda is an advantage.
Why being part of Lightup Impact is a great opportunity
- Join our movement to scale the impact of founders in women’s health and gender equality
- Contribute to the growth of early stage founders of grassroots organizations in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda
- Gain access to our network of like-minded people
- Work with an enthusiastic team driven by passion and determination to drive change in East Africa
- Receive certificate from Lightup Imapct for volunteering with us
- Minimum 8-10 hours a week
- Volunteer basis
- Minum of 6-12 months commitment
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Excellent english communication skills (speaking and writing)
- Skilled with social media
- Large network of followers for fundraiser position
- Previous experience with zoom and event management for community management
- Can do attitude
- Passionate about gender & health issues in the global south
- Able to work in a multicultural and global team
How to apply
Send us a brief application with your CV and why you would be a good fit for Lightup Impact. Please specify which volunteer role you would be interested in. Send us your application by October 20th to email@example.com